Mary and Martin Corrado, American friends living in Abu Dhabi, just sent me the two photographs above, which they entitled "Charlie of Arabia." Although I wasn't there with T.E. Lawrence, these snapshots were taken on a business trip about 30 years ago, back when I still had hair. The photo at the top was taken at a stable in Al Ain, an oasis at the nexus of Abu Dhabi and Oman, just south of Dubai. The Arabian horse had a really hard mouth, and I remember him well. I think that the other photo was also taken in Al Ain. Wherever we were, it looks as if I was horse trading.
As I mentioned elsewhere in this blog, I tended to live in the present and future. I never kept a photo album or took many photos. Seeing these two colorful photos, I wish I had . They bring back memories of an adventurous time in my life.