Friday, May 29, 2009

Spring Vacation

Except for next Tuesday, when I have a full day of appointments at MSK, I feel that I have a bit of a spring vacation until my surgery on June 15.  For the sixth day in a row, I went to the gym today. Although my workouts are light, I am now spending nearly two hours a day in the gym. My objective is to be in the best possible physical condition for the surgery. 

I've got a lot of work to do. Having gained 11 or 12 pounds since starting chemotherapy in early March, I'm having trouble fitting into my trousers.  Getting in a little better shape may not make any actual difference in the outcome of the surgery. Nevertheless, I think that taking action to try to help one's cause always improves one's state of mind.  Moreover, because I seem to be getting a little stronger every day, I am enjoying an activity that gives me a sense of progress during my spring vacation.