Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Tooth Fairy

Following what I had envisioned as a routine 10:45 a.m. periodontist's appointment, I had scheduled lunch around the corner at Petrossian (which offers a superb three-course luncheon special) with a friend at 12:00 noon. I made my periodontist's appointment, but not my luncheon date. After the periodontist discovered that I had a tooth with two cracked roots, I settled for a tooth extraction at noon instead of the smoked salmon at Petrossian.  

It seems that normally routine procedures become complicated and have to be coordinated with one's medical oncologist when one is undergoing chemotherapy. But if all goes well, I am still on track, on Thursday, to undergo for the second time a procedure to have a Mediport installed (see "An Infinitesimal Chance," posted on March 26); and, on Friday, to undergo a third round of chemotherapy. With all of these medical things to think about, I forgot to bring the tooth home to put under my pillow tonight.