Sacred Music is entered to make her debut this Sunday, April 5, in the 2nd race at the Parilly racecourse in Lyon. The race is called the Prix Louis Saulnier, with a purse of 14,000 Euros. It will be contested at 2,200 metres (1 3/8 miles) on turf and restricted to three-year-old fillies which have never won a race. Sacred Music drew the outside post position, number 11, and will be ridden by Jean-Michel Breaux. As nine of the other fillies have run previously, Sacred Music will be conceding experience to most of the field, and we should probably be happy if she shows promise and comes back sound. The French do a marvelous job of presenting their racing on the internet, and Susan and I are trying to figure out if we can watch the race live.
I walked about five miles today, mainly running errands, at a somewhat slower pace than I hope Sacred Music maintains on Sunday. One of my errands was to bring in for servicing the watch my mother gave me for my college graduation in 1964 (I skipped the ceremony to attend the Belmont Stakes). The Rolex representative reminded me somewhat sternly that I had not had it serviced since 1999. What really hurt my feelings was that he informed me that the servicing would take longer because the watch is now considered to be an antique. Does that say anything about the owner?