Last time I had chemotherapy, there was a similar two-day delay, because they had forgotten to order the iron sucrose. Because I subsequently had fewer and less severe side effects from the chemotherapy, I asked them to repeat the delay in the infusion of the iron sucrose once again. They very kindly agreed to try it again, even though they think that the better experience was probably just a coincidence. But they accepted my theory that if I do get the more adverse side effects this time, it will be easier for me to accept them with equanimity, knowing that at least we tried to capitalize on serendipity.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Hitting the Trifecta
Because I hit a treatment trifecta yesterday, I decided to post on this blog for a second time today. Yesterday, the area around the Mediport looked increasingly healthy, not only to Susan's and my eyes, but also to the doctors' and nurses'. My white blood cell count was in the normal range, so my chemotherapy proceeded as scheduled. And the medical oncologists agreed to delay the infusion of iron sucrose, which is meant to address my anemia, until two days after the infusion of my chemotherapy.