Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Physical Symptoms

A few of you have asked if I am in any pain.  When I move in certain ways, I have some internal pain in the location of the tumor.  The area over the tumor is very sensitive to even very light pressure.  But none of the pain is bad enough to require pain killers, and I can usually get into a pain-free position when I want to sleep.  

I am now anemic, I am told that I am pale, and I do seem to be losing strength on a daily basis.  My only current exercise is when my son and I go for short daily walks.  My weight has stabilized over the last few days as I have made a concerted effort to eat a lot of high-calorie food.

Overall, in terms of discomfort and loss of stamina, it feels as if I had hernia surgery a few days ago.  In fact, before I got my diagnosis, I thought that I must have torn an old hernia repair.