On Thursday, March 5, I spent seven hours at Memorial Sloan Kettering having various tests, including a CT scan.
On Monday, March 9, I underwent a colonoscopy that confirmed that I have a tumor in the right colon that has metastasized to both lobes of the liver. As a result of the illness, I am anemic.
On Thursday, March 12, Susan and I will have a first meeting and consultation with Dr. Leonard Saltz, the medical oncologist at MSK who will be directing my care.
I am deeply touched by and grateful for the many messages I have received from friends and family. It has been suggested to me that a good way to enable people to follow my news without having to go through the awkwardness of asking is for Susan and me to post such news on this blog. Thus I can communicate with all of you in normal, interactive fashion by e-mail, telephone, and in person about other things. Although this blog is not set up for you to post replies, please keep your communications coming through other channels! I find that e-mails are especially good, as I can read and respond to them at any time or place; even sitting, waiting for another test, at MSK. You are all very much in my thoughts.
Thank you,
Charlie