Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rock On!

Today, I had a regularly scheduled appointment with my medical oncologist, Leonard Saltz. Dr. Saltz told me that my tumors have continued to grow, with the ones in the liver continuing to be more advanced than those in the lungs; and that they are definitely large enough to make a case for putting me back on chemotherapy now. Because my tumors were responsive to first-line chemotherapy last year, he thinks it is quite likely that he could make my CAT Scans look prettier with chemotherapy. But given my priorities and that I feel so good now, there is also a case to be made for more "watchful waiting" before resuming chemotherapy. 

For me, it is an easy decision: a choice that will, among other things, allow me to attend my father's memorial service on February 15.  Then, Susan and I are likely to travel a bit.